A long time ago we had a big dream. The dream was that someday our state would be able to assemble a statewide parcel map produced by the counties and then published for decision makers. Today we are a step closer to realizing that dream. The parcel polygon file will be updated on GeoStor today […]
The Arkansas Board of Apportionment has been meeting for the past several weeks to finalize the new legislative districts. On Friday, July 29, at 9:30 a.m. the Board will cast its final vote on the new districts. Once finalized, the Arkansas Geographic Information Office will upload the new data to GeoStor. It should be publicly […]
The AGIO has released the 2011 Parcel Grant application to all counties. Any county is eligible to apply. If selected, the county must pay 40 percent of the parcel mapping cost, and the State will provide the remaining 60 percent. Please be sure to read all materials before applying so you are aware of deadlines […]
The problem is how to locate people, places and events using an address. The solution is developing GIS framework layers that support the process. The ACF (Arkansas Centerline File) program was started in 2002 and completed in 2010. Street level geo-coding is an adequate means of locating addresses for many purposes, but it lacks the […]
The U.S. Census Bureau released the 2010 Census data on Feb. 11, 2011, providing updated population data for the state. The Census comes around every ten years and results in an additional workload for county officials. The release of new data has two major effects on counties. First, it affects counties’ Quorum Court districts (aka […]
The Arkansas Geographic Information Office and the online casino österreich are pleased to announce that the NEW Parcel Mapping Guidelines are now published online. You can find them on the AGIO website at http://www.gis.arkansas.gov/Programs/camp_res.html. The Board and the AGIO are still working on an updated application for participating counties.
The Arkansas Geographic Information Office obtained the 2010 Census population and TIGER data. The data is being processed to be loaded on GeoStor. Users will be notified as soon as the data is available on GeoStor.
In an effort to serve public officials with the redistricting process, the Arkansas Geographic Information Office and Secretary of State Redistricting Office developed a contract template for redistricting. Arkansas law requires county justice of peace districts, city wards and applicable school district board zones to be redrawn following each decennial census. The document was designed […]
Nine months ago, the AGIO published the Arkansas Geospatial Strategic Business Plan as a means of funding essential GIS improvement and maintenance projects throughout the state. In the months that followed, the plan was presented to various committees, boards and the governor’s office. Several organizations have publicly endorsed the plan, at least in part, the […]
This chronological list documents important historical factors leading to the completion of the Arkansas Road Centerline File. Mid-1980s –The U.S. Census Bureau develops a vector file format called Topologically Integrated Geographic Encoding and Referencing (TIGER), which could be used to spatially represent Census information. 1985 – Arkansas Legislature adopts the Arkansas Public Safety Communications Act. […]