Arkansas NHD Resources
December 5, 2007 Board Endorses Surface Water Stewardship
At its final Board meeting on December 5, 2007 the Arkansas State Land Information Board endorsed the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) as the state’s steward for our National Hydro Dataset (NHD). The NHD GIS data consists of surface waters such as rivers, streams, lakes, reservoirs and other surface water features. In this role ADEQ will receive error reports on the NHD GIS layer from authorized users, coordinate data updates, and coordinate the state’s submissions in the national database maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey.
Goal to Complete 1:24,000 Editing by December 2011
The NHD Technical Working Group established December 2011 as the target date to complete editing of the state’s NHD at 1:24,000.
NHD Technical Working Group Meeting Notes
- January 24, 2008 Meeting Notes
- February 25, 2008 Meeting Notes
- March 20, 2008 Meeting Notes
- April 16, 2008 Meeting Notes
- October 15, 2008 Meeting Notes
- January 8, 2009 Meeting Notes
- April 1, 2009 Meeting Notes
- May 14, 2009 Meeting Notes
- July 23, 2009 Meeting Notes
- July 28, 2009 Policy Meeting Notes
- October 13, 2009 Meeting Notes
- December 17, 2009 Meeting Notes
- April 28, 2010 Meeting Notes
- July 29, 2010 Meeting Notes
- November 9, 2010 Meeting Notes
- May 5, 2011 Meeting Notes
- January 24, 2012 Meeting Notes
The Arkansas NHD Technical Working Group will be guided by the Geographic Names Information Systems (GNIS) principles, policies and procedures for establishing new stream names and or revising existing stream names.
Priority Stewardship Hydrologic Unit Code Areas
The Arkansas National Hydro Dataset (NHD) Technical Working Group determined its top priority areas are based upon intensive development activities occurring throughout the state as a result of a multitude of projects across the State. The remaining HUCs will be the priority focus for edits and updates through the Arkansas NHD Stewardship program activities.