201621 Impaired Lakes 303 d list in Category 5
The purpose of this dataset is to provide a cartographic representation of the lakes on the Impaired Waterbodies 303(d) list in Category 5. Additional information can be found Part IV of the 2016 Integrated Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment Report (305(b)).
This data includes lakes of Arkansas that have been designated as Impaired Waterbodies for the listed pollutant pair(s) (Category 5). It consists of a subset of the lakes from the Water Hydrography Tiger 2005V1.
Category 5 is described as follows:
Category 5. The waterbody is impaired, or one or more water quality standards may not be attained. Waterbodies in Category 5 will be prioritized as:
- Truly impaired; develop a TMDL or other corrective action(s) for the listed parameter(s).
- Waters currently not attaining standards, but may be de-listed with future revisions to APC&EC Regulation No. 2, the state water quality standards; or
- Waters which are impaired by point source discharges and future permit restrictions are expected to correct the problem(s).
- Waters currently not attaining one or more water quality standards, but all designated uses are determined to be supported; or
- There is insufficient data to make a scientifically defensible decision concerning designated use attainment; or
- Waters ADEQ assessed as unimpaired, but were assessed as impaired by EPA.
The dataset included in this file is intended for mapping purposes only. The official record for the 2016 Impaired Waterbodies (303(d) list) can be found at the following URL: https://www.adeq.state.ar.us/water/
[Keywords: inland waters environment ADEQ Category 4a Impaired Waterbodies ]