As identified in the Arkansas State 9-1-1 Plan, the following tasks are the high-level goals that have been established for the creation and maintenance of NG9-1-1 compatible GIS data for the State of Arkansas.
- Create accurate statewide public safety answering point (PSAP) boundary data
- Identify additional GIS data layers not currently maintained statewide and implement a plan for the creation and maintenance of this data in accordance with the NENA NG9-1-1 data model
- Identify and implement data maintenance procedures
In order to accomplish these goals, the Arkansas GIS Office will undertake the following tasks on behalf and under the direction of the Arkansas 911 Board:
- Contract directly with a third party NG9-1-1 subject matter expert to perform an assessment and/or gap analysis to determine and document specific needs or shortfalls in the NG9-1-1 relevant GIS data currently available and maintained within the state by various public safety entities.
- Evaluation of the state’s existing PSAP boundary data to determine operational accuracy and modification of the data where needed to reflect actual operational PSAP areas. Also, determination of necessary ETL processes needed to convert the data into the standard schema outlined in the NENA NG9-1-1 GIS data model.
- Evaluation of existing emergency services zone (ESZ) data to determine accuracy and modification or creation of the data to reflect actual operational ESZ areas. ESZ data is composed of law enforcement, fire protection, and emergency medical service areas and/or jurisdictions.
- Evaluation and determination of the most effective and efficient NG9-1-1 data provisioning boundaries for the state.
- Evaluation of the existing statewide Arkansas Centerline File (ACF) dataset to determine compatibility with the standard schema outlined in the NENA NG9-1-1 GIS data model.