Whew. What can I say, been really busy as usual and haven’t posted any updates in awhile. So without further ado, here they are:
- Upgraded ArcGIS Server to 9.3.1 and converted all our services over to the new MSD format. They are very fast! I should have done this a long time ago!
- Our services should be accessible from anywhere or any application now.
- We have setup a geometry service, check it out: http://www.geostor.arkansas.gov/ArcGIS/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer. This mostly for developers and applications but it is a very useful service.
- VMware ESXi has been upgraded to 4.0, this is the software we use to virtualize our servers.
- The production servers have been migrated to bigger, badder and faster hardware and I am going to use the old servers to build a SQL Server 2008 cluster.
- You can now search the dynamic layers on the GeoStor viewer. Go to http://maps.arkansas.gov and click on the Search widget, there are examples for each layer to search by.
- Our latest blog posts display on GeoStor now
- Upgrade FME Server from 2009 to 2010, need to test in development first though.
- Possible Image Server implementation?
- Migrate FTP server off old hardware to virtual machine
Gotta get back to work now J
GeoStor Blog: http://dev.geostor.org/